Chilli Con Quorn - My Mumma's recipe!
All credit goes to my darling Mumma for this recipe. Basically, she started making this years ago when I was a vegetarian. (Now I just eat poultry) It's a real winner in our family, we all love it. The fact that it's made with quorn makes it super healthy which is good!
(Please ignore my rubbish photo taking skills!)
1 bag of Quorn.
1tbsp sunflower oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed.
1 large onion, diced.
1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
1 small tin of kidney beans, drained
1 tbsp chilli (obviously adjust this to how hot you like it!)
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
squeeze tomato purée
vegetable gravy granules to thicken.
1. Add tbsp sunflower oil to a medium saucepan and heat. Add the diced onions and fry gently for 5-6 minutes. Be careful not to brown.
2. Add the garlic cloves and fry for 1-2 minutes. Then add the peppers and cook for a few minutes. Add the chilli powder and tomato purée. Stir.
3. Add the quorn mince and tinned tomatoes and half a tin of water Bring to the boil and let simmer gently for fifteen minutes.
4. Add the kidney beans to the chilli and cook through for a few minutes.
5. If it needs it, thicken with a tablespoon of vegetable gravy granules, make it as thick as you like!
6. Serve when ready! I like to serve it with wholegrain rice, but you can serve it with garlic bread, jacket potatoes or chips. You can also add a dollop of sour cream/grating of cheese!