12 ripe plum tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
4 garlic cloves (leave unpeeled or they'll burn and go bitter in the oven)
1 tbsp olive oil
large handful of fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper.
1. Preheat oven to 150 fan.
2. Chop up all your ingredients as specified.
3. Place tomatoes, onions, pepper and garlic in an oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast on the middle shelf for around 20-25 minutes
5. Leave to cool. Peel garlic cloves.
6. Add the vegetables (and all juices) to a blender, chuck in the basil.
7. Blend until smooth.
8. Check seasoning and the add to the pan to reheat when you're ready to serve. As with all soups don't boil when reheating.
It really is as easy as that. I love it. It's a good soup for the change of seasons too. P.s. This soup is also vegan and vegetarian.
Roasted veggies! The smell is divine.
My blended soup!