1 white onion, chopped.
3 potatoes, peeled and chopped (this is to thicken the soup, so add less if you prefer it thinner)
1 tsp ground coriander
450g carrots, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1L of vegetable stock (I religiously use Kallo)
A good handful of fresh coriander, stalks and all!
1. In a large saucepan, fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add the ground coriander and stir.
2. Add the potato and fry for 5 minutes until it begins to soften.
3. Mix up the stock and add to the pan, along with the chopped carrots. Simmer gently for 20 or so minutes until the carrots are soft.
4. Take off the heat, when cooled, add to the blender along with the fresh coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
5. Serve hot with crusty bread. You can add a swirl of natural yoghurt, cracked black pepper and a few leaves of coriander as a garnish if you like!